Program Educational Objectives (PEO) Physics Education Study Programme
The PEO formulation for the Physics Education Study Programme is producing physics education graduates in the field of physics education (teachers, assistant lecturers, assistant researchers, and assistant educational consultants) and entrepreneurs with the following characteristics :
- Applying knowledge of physics education, scientific methods to solve problems in their career (PEO1).
- Showing critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems in their work (PEO2).
- Showing an ethical managerial, leadership, collaborative, and communicative attitude to develop themselves in support of their work (PEO3).
- Developing abilities by applying the principles of lifelong learning through further studies. (PEO4).
Program Learning Outcomes (PLO) Physics Education Study Programme
PLO for the Physics Education Study Programme is to produce physics education graduates who are able to :
- Implement knowledge of the concepts of classical physics and modern physics through identification of the physical properties of a physical system (PLO1).
- Apply mathematical methods to explain, describe, analyse, and solve physics problems (PLO2).
- Solve problems of a standard physical system comprehensively using the basic principles of physics, mathematical equations, and computing / ICT tools (PLO3).
- Analyse physics materials using scientific methods, problem-based learning, or other relevant methods (PLO4).
- Use creative ideas to solve physics, physics education, and interdisciplinary problems related to physics (PLO5).
- Carry out experiments in physics or other fields related to physics, and can process, analyse, and interpret the data obtained (PLO6).
- Apply fields of natural science and other educational sciences relevant to physics and physics education to broaden their horizons (PLO7).
- Apply their knowledge in physics and physics education to manage physics learning and analyse new trends in physics education (PLO8).
- Increase knowledge and skills that can be used to continue their studies to a higher level of education (PLO9).
- Apply soft skills, ethics, and management functions in group work, group discussions and group experiments in the physics laboratory (PLO10).
- Communicate orally and in writing scientific reports and scientific publications in physics education using an appropriate writing format and upholding scientific ethics (PLO11).